Stroupe Farms is Looking for a Food Cart Chef
Stroupe Family Farms is looking for a full time food cart chef to manage and run our brand new food cart! As a family farm we believe in raising our livestock naturally and respectfully. All of our animals are pasture raised and grass-fed along with a special diet of grass, fruits, and vegetables. This results in delicious high-quality meat and we want our food cart to highlight our products and maintain that same outlook on food.
This is a newly created position and the individual we hire will be vital in helping to shape the image of our food cart and therefore should have kitchen and/or restaurant experience and be creative when putting together a menu.
- Oversee day to day operations of the food cart
- Ensure proper food storage, handling, preparation, and serving standards
- Maintaining cleanliness of the food cart
- Maintain records such as inventory, income, and meal counts
- Prepare and Serve the food
- Respond to customer preferences and/or complaints
- Transport the food cart between locations and events
- Create a creative menu that fits the image and outlook of our company
- Experience as a chef
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid food handlers card
- Friendly and customer focused
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Knowledge and expertise in food handling
- Food truck and/or cart experience would be preferred but not mandatory if you are the right fit overall
If this sounds like a position you are interested in we encourage you email your resume to [email protected] Bonus points if you also give us an idea of a dish you would like to have on the menu if you were to be the chef when you send us your resume.